**** NEW LOCATION ****
51 SHEPARD STREET, CAMBRIDGE, MA 02138
Radcliffe Quadrangle Lawn
Directions from T
- Exit Harvard Square Station from Church Street Exit
- Walk North on Massachusetts Ave briefly towards Garden St.
- Continue on Garden St to Shepard St.
- Make a left on Shepard St and walk to 51 Shepard St.
Total time: 15 mins
Every year, Harvard University students and staff host an annual pow wow on campus. Our pow wow is free, open to the public, and coincides with with Cambridge’s Arts First celebration. Planning for pow wow is led by a committee of Native students from the college and graduate schools. The singers, artists, and dancers that join us are from all over — the Harvard community, the greater Boston area, and from tribes across the U.S. and Canada.
To ensure a successful pow wow each year, our students compliment funding provided by the University with outside funding and in-kind donations from generous organizations, local businesses and individuals. This year, to complement regular fundraising initiatives, the pow wow committee decided to reach a larger audience through a Gofundme campaign. If you are interested in supporting our activities, you may donate online through the Gofundme campaign at https://www.gofundme.com/harvardpowwow. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about in-kind donations.
The 22nd Annual Harvard University Pow Wow
For regular updates and to RSVP, please see our Facebook event page: http://bit.ly/2lQhWz9.
Fun Fact: The first reoccurring Harvard pow wow started in 1995 with three major goals:
1. Boost the visibility of the small Native American student community – both within the Harvard campus and amongst the larger Cambridge and Boston communities.
2. Allow for the Native Students at Harvard to have more direct and deliberate opportunity to connect with the original tribal nations here in the New England area.
3. The third major goal was an attempt for Native students to bring a little bit of home and family to life in their experiences here at Harvard.