**** NEW LOCATION ****
Lesley University's Brattle Lawn
99 Brattle St, Cambridge, MA 02138
Directions from T
- Exit Harvard Square Station from Church Street Exit
- Walk West on Garden St towards Brattle St.
- Make a Right on Brattle St.
- Continue on Brattle St for 0.2 miles. Powwow will be on your right.
- Total time: 8 mins
Every year, Harvard University students and staff host an annual pow wow on campus. Our pow wow is free, open to the public, and coincides with with Cambridge’s Arts First celebration. Planning for pow wow is led by a committee of Native students from the college and graduate schools. The singers, artists, and dancers that join us are from all over — the Harvard community, the greater Boston area, and from tribes across the U.S. and Canada.
To ensure a successful pow wow each year, our students compliment funding provided by the University with outside funding and in-kind donations from generous organizations, local businesses and individuals. . Please contact email@example.com to inquire about in-kind donations.
The 23rd Annual Harvard University Pow Wow
For regular updates and to RSVP, please see our Facebook event page: http://bit.ly/2v8KomR
Fun Fact: The first reoccurring Harvard pow wow started in 1995 with three major goals:
1. Boost the visibility of the small Native American student community – both within the Harvard campus and amongst the larger Cambridge and Boston communities.
2. Allow for the Native Students at Harvard to have more direct and deliberate opportunity to connect with the original tribal nations here in the New England area.
3. The third major goal was an attempt for Native students to bring a little bit of home and family to life in their experiences here at Harvard.