**** NEW LOCATION ****
Lesley University's Brattle Lawn
99 Brattle St, Cambridge, MA 02138
FREE parking is available for dancers at University Place Garage (45 University Rd, Cambridge, MA 02138). It is a public garage and space is first-come, first-serve.
1. Enter garage by taking a garage ticket at entrance.
2. Park your vehicle
3. Bring your garage ticket to the dancer registration table
The garage is 0.4 miles from powwow grounds.
DO NOT PARK AT CHARLES HOTEL PARKING (There are no validation tickets for the Charles Hotel)
FREE Street Parking - Unmetered parking spots are located in front of the powwow at Brattle St (15 spaces), Longfellow Park (30 spaces) and on the south side of Mt Auburn there are 2 hour unmetered spots.
Metered Parking (Pay) - 2 hour meter parking is located on Brattle St, Garden St, and Mt. Auburn, with a couple of spots on Hawthorne St.
Parking Garages (Pay) - Visit the following links to garages in Harvard Square.
Church Street Parking Lot
Charles Hotel Garage
Smith Center Garage
Directions from T
- Exit Harvard Square Station from Church Street Exit
- Walk West on Garden St towards Brattle St.
- Make a Right on Brattle St.
- Continue on Brattle St for 0.2 miles. Powwow will be on your right.
- Total time: 8 mins
Every year, Harvard University students and staff host an annual pow wow on campus. Our pow wow is free, open to the public, and coincides with with Cambridge’s Arts First celebration. Planning for pow wow is led by a committee of Native students from the college and graduate schools. The singers, artists, and dancers that join us are from all over — the Harvard community, the greater Boston area, and from tribes across the U.S. and Canada.
To ensure a successful pow wow each year, our students compliment funding provided by the University with outside funding and in-kind donations from generous organizations, local businesses and individuals. . Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about in-kind donations.
The 23rd Annual Harvard University Pow Wow
For regular updates and to RSVP, please see our Facebook event page: http://bit.ly/2v8KomR
Fun Fact: The first reoccurring Harvard pow wow started in 1995 with three major goals:
1. Boost the visibility of the small Native American student community – both within the Harvard campus and amongst the larger Cambridge and Boston communities.
2. Allow for the Native Students at Harvard to have more direct and deliberate opportunity to connect with the original tribal nations here in the New England area.
3. The third major goal was an attempt for Native students to bring a little bit of home and family to life in their experiences here at Harvard.